My mother just passed away from mantle cell lymphoma, what might have caused her to act so strange at the end?

Dr. Ephraim Hochberg
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Many causes
My condolences on your loss.
There are many reasons for confusion and delirium at the end of life. Mantle cell lymphoma specifically can sometimes go to the brain of a patient although this is quite rare. It is much more likely that either her discomfort or the medications that she was on to keep her comfortable made her somewhat confused.

In brief: Many causes
My condolences on your loss.
Dr. Ephraim Hochberg
Dr. Ephraim Hochberg
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Mantle Cell
Lymphoma can look like nodular/indolent lymphoma, but needs aggressive treatment, and can act aggressively.
That includes electolyte abnormaities that lead to seizures and confusion, or even central nervous system infestation causing pain, eye movement dysfunction, swallowing trouble. I am sorry for your loss.

In brief: Mantle Cell
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Steven Seres