About how much does it cost for lasek eye surgery for nearsightedness?

Varies. As with many purchases the cost varies based on the options. It can cost anywhere from $1000 to $2500 per eye or more. This depends on geographic location, technology offered, reputation and length of vision guarantee if any etc.
Varies. Cost of lasek varies significantly depending on location. Call your closest laser center to get accurate pricing. In my area, it costs between $3600-4800.
Cost of LASEK vLASIK. Because lasek is newer noncutting technology and fewer surgeons know how to perform it it's usually a few hundred dollars more per eye than lasik. But lasek is always safer so i think it's worth the price premium.