Can losing weight help get rid of type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure?

Emily Lu
In brief: Yes!
I agree with medical student emily lu: "losing weight can lower your blood pressure and can bring your blood glucose levels under control - thus bringing your type 2 diabetes and hypertension under control!" fatty acids from fat tissue contribute to the "metabolic syndrome, " in which blood pressure, triglycerides, and blood glucose rise.
Loss of weight helps bring these under control.

In brief: Yes!
Emily Lu
Emily Lu
Answer assisted by Emily Lu, Medical Student
Dr. Robert True
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Most likely
I have seen many of my patients on my HCG true diet lose 20 to 30 pounds, or more, and along with this weight loss is a significant reversal of diabetes and high blood pressure.
They cut their dose of medicines in half over time, and some discontinue the meds altogether. This has been seen with other studies. Consequently, it is the obesity that is the problem, so lose the weight and get healthy.

In brief: Most likely
Dr. Robert True
Dr. Robert True
Dr. Arnon Rubin