Can losing weight help get rid of type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure?

Yes! I agree with medical student emily lu: "losing weight can lower your blood pressure and can bring your blood glucose levels under control - thus bringing your type 2 diabetes and hypertension under control! " fatty acids from fat tissue contribute to the "metabolic syndrome, " in which blood pressure, triglycerides, and blood glucose rise. Loss of weight helps bring these under control.
Most likely. I have seen many of my patients on my HCG true diet lose 20 to 30 pounds, or more, and along with this weight loss is a significant reversal of diabetes and high blood pressure. They cut their dose of medicines in half over time, and some discontinue the meds altogether. This has been seen with other studies. Consequently, it is the obesity that is the problem, so lose the weight and get healthy.