Will invisalign work after 20?

Dr. Wayne Roccia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Absolutely

Invisalign, and any orthodontics for that matter, will work at any age as long as the teeth are healthy.
Often times adults do better with invisalign due to the increased level of compliance necessary.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Wayne Roccia
Dr. Wayne Roccia
Dr. William Jakavick
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Invisalign

Invisalign was actually developed for the group of patients in the 25-45 range who either had braces earlier in life and were not compliant with their retainers, and for patients who never had ortho tx when younger and wanted an alternative to traditional braces to straighten their teeth now.
Invisalign although effective may not be able to treat every case, discuss it with your dentist for option.

In brief: Invisalign

Dr. William Jakavick
Dr. William Jakavick
Dr. David Duguid
Dentistry

In brief: Definitely

I agree with dr. Roccia.
Ninety-nine percent of my patients i treat are over 20. I just finished a case on an 82 year old woman who has always wanted straight teeth. She is thrilled. As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, go for it! see your dentist or orthodontist and see if it's for you! you must be committed to wear the aligners but the results can be spectacular!

In brief: Definitely

I agree with dr. Roccia.
Dr. David Duguid
Dr. David Duguid
Dr. Howard Spector
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Too old for Braces?

Absolutely! orthodontic treatment using invisalign tooth aligners can be performed to treat malocclusions for patients of any age -- as long as the teeth, gum tissues and bone are all healthy.
Invisalign may not be appropriate for treating all malocclusions, and conventional braces may become a better treatment option. Visit an orthodontic specialist for a examination to help make that decision.

In brief: Too old for Braces?

Dr. Howard Spector
Dr. Howard Spector
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Better for adult

Works better for adult than for growing kids.
But remember, clear aligners are only about 41% effective in the hands of a skilled orthodontist, let alone in the hands of a generalist. Braces are 95% effective.

In brief: Better for adult

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry

In brief: YES

Invisalign braces are able to straighten teeth for most people and it is a comfortable alternative for most people and today.
Invisalign can work for most cases as they have improved so much in recent years. Teeth must be free of decay and any extractions done prior to starting orthodontic treatment.

In brief: YES

Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dentistry - Orthodontics

indeed we do not use it on kids younger than about your age.
it is much more a treatment for adults. Definitely visit an orthodontist for a free consult to discuss further. the only issue someone your age might have with invisalign (other than if it will be effective for your case) is costs-- it definitely will cost more than traditional braces

Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Absolutely

Clear aligner treatments are often applicable to patients from late teens until late adulthood.
The best way to determine if this type of orthodontic treatment is right for you is to make an appointment with an orthodontic specialist.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. R Thomas
Dentistry

In brief: What age Invisalign?

Invisalign is indeed most popular among adults because of the cosmetics during treatment.
Further, the method of teeth movement is gentler and slower which is better in the more mature jaw. Unlike most metal braces, invisalign does not cause tooth root destruction. I have had people in their 60's use invisalign with fantastic results.

In brief: What age Invisalign?

Dr. R Thomas
Dr. R Thomas
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dentistry

In brief: Invisalign

It works at any age like regular braces.
It is more dependent on patient's cooperation with the treatment than regular braces. If you exactly what the dentist who prescribed them tells you, it will work great. Find an orthodontist who does them.

In brief: Invisalign

Dr. Abel Loredo
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dr. Adam Smith