Where is the need for digital dental x-rays?

Dr. Ira Biderman
Dentistry

In brief: To see in between

Digital xrays do use 90% less radiation than regular xrays, and they are needed to see if there is decay between the teeth and how the bone level is around the teeth.
Those things cannot be seen just by a visual checkup.

In brief: To see in between

Dr. Ira Biderman
Dr. Ira Biderman
Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto
General Practice

In brief: New technology

Digital x-rays use a much lower dose of radiation to acquire higher quality x-rays.
This is much better for the patient and the dentist. If you need diagnostic x-rays, this is the way to go.

In brief: New technology

Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto
Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto
Dr. Candy Sebold
I have found that only occasionally a patient, due to the shape of their mouth or bony projections in the mouth, is unable to tolerate the sensor for the digital radiograph. Those sensors which are used instead of film are thicker and more rigid than film. For those patients I go back to the soft film method
Dr. Andrea Brand