Would I need to lose weight before a tummy tuck or upper/lower body lift?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: If u desire +results
Only if you desirable an optimal result.

In brief: If u desire +results
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: You should
Body contouring procedures such as tummy tucks (witch hazel) and body lifts are for patients who are at or near their ideal stable body weight.
Losing weight first will provide you a much better longer lasting result as well as minimize the risk of surgical complications.

In brief: You should
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Depporends...
On what you weigh and what your target is.
Because these procedures remove excess skin and fat from localized areas, they are not for weight loss--if you have them and lose significant weight, much of their benefit will be lost and you will have excess skin again! i ask my patients to be within 10-15 pounds of their target weight before having these operations.

In brief: Depporends...
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Maybe
If you are quite overweight, losing weight will make a definite difference in the quality of your outcome.
I advise my patients to get to a weight they feel they can maintain over time and then have surgery. Gaining a lot of weight after surgery subtracts from the outcome as well.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Tummy Tuck Weight
In a perfect world, you should lose the majority of your ideal weight loss before the tuck tuck procedure.
However, it is absolutely possible to have the procedure without attaining your ideal weight. It is only necessary that your weight be stable. Having said that, you will have the best result if you lose weight first.

In brief: Tummy Tuck Weight
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery