Would I need to lose weight before a tummy tuck or upper/lower body lift?

If u desire +results. Only if you desirable an optimal result.
You should. Body contouring procedures such as tummy tucks (witch hazel) and body lifts are for patients who are at or near their ideal stable body weight. Losing weight first will provide you a much better longer lasting result as well as minimize the risk of surgical complications.
Depporends... On what you weigh and what your target is. Because these procedures remove excess skin and fat from localized areas, they are not for weight loss--if you have them and lose significant weight, much of their benefit will be lost and you will have excess skin again! i ask my patients to be within 10-15 pounds of their target weight before having these operations.
Maybe. If you are quite overweight, losing weight will make a definite difference in the quality of your outcome. I advise my patients to get to a weight they feel they can maintain over time and then have surgery. Gaining a lot of weight after surgery subtracts from the outcome as well.
Tummy Tuck Weight. In a perfect world, you should lose the majority of your ideal weight loss before the tuck tuck procedure. However, it is absolutely possible to have the procedure without attaining your ideal weight. It is only necessary that your weight be stable. Having said that, you will have the best result if you lose weight first.