How do they do nasal polyp removal? Are you out?

Endoscopic surgery. Nasal polyps are usually removed endoscopicly with you asleep. Singular or small ones may be removed in an ENT doctor's office while you are awake.
Usually out. I failed to answer you last question. Obviously, you have to ask your surgeon. I feel that it is much easier to remove massive nasal polyposis under general anesthesia in a hospital setting. Even if the polyps are small, there is always a danger of bleeding if it is performed as an office procedure.
Variety of methods. Each rhinologist uses their own technique. This may vary from the use of forceps, rotatory instruments, rarely laser, and finally snares. The technique is not as important as the surgeon's skill. Usually surgery is reserved for major polyp growth which blocks breathing and smell and has not responded to good medical therapy. Good surgery has risks which you need to know about.