My dentist recommended I get alloderm gum graft. What is the rate of success for this?

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: High

If the procedure is properly done you should get a high success rate.

In brief: High

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Ask your dentist

There is no way to answer this simply.
You need to ask the dentist who will do the procedure what they prefer and why? Ask the dentist why alloderm. Sometimes it has to do with morbidity--how much pain you may have and how long it takes to recover. It is worth a conversation.

In brief: Ask your dentist

There is no way to answer this simply.
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dr. Keith Hasday
Dentistry

In brief: Variable

Some periodontists or dentists use alloderm for a graft.
This is a dermal or skin matrix that comes from a human donor.. Alloderm usually only increases the thickness of tissues.. For some dentists this works great. Personally i don't like the material and i don't use it.. I get better results with other techniques like grafting with the patient's own tissues where my success approaches 100%.

In brief: Variable

Dr. Keith Hasday
Dr. Keith Hasday
Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: High

There are two basic types of grafts - your own tissue and someone else's.
When you use your own tissue it heals very well - when you use someone else's, it heals very well also but: it takes longer to heal and is far more delicate and sensitive to trauma. If you have an alloderm or perioderm graft, be sure to follow the post surgical instructions to the letter and it will be fine.

In brief: High

Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dr. Jason Cataldo