Should I ask my doctor for results of a skull X-ray on my child? The ER won't tell me.

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Yes....
Yes, if your child is under 18 years of age or is not a younger but liberated teenager. Privacy rights protect older persons from disclosure of medical information without their approval.
But if you are responsible for the care of your child you have a right to ask and a need to know.

In brief: Yes....
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
In brief: That's the routine
The ER personnel are there to get you the evaluation & care directed by their supervising doctors.
They are bound by institutional codes not to provide information that they may or may not have the qualifications to confirm, such as x-ray results.There may be an assumed set of findings by an off site radiologist, but the doc must place this in context with exam findings to validate them & tell you

In brief: That's the routine
Dr. Jonathan Jassey