Need a multilevel cervical laminectomy, please tell me what I can expect?

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery
In brief: Bone removal
Removing bone from the back of the spinal canal to decompress the spinal cord.
Low risks in the hands of a good neurosurgeon. Quite a bit of pain for the first 2-3 days, not intolerable, and improves well after that. Good luck to you.

In brief: Bone removal
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Ken Yonemura
Neurosurgery
In brief: Cervical Stenosis
There are three options for posterior decompression of the spinal canal: laminectomy, laminoplasty, and laminectomy with fusion.
All three forms require manipulation of the neck muscles that can result in neck pain for several weeks. Laminectomy has the potential of making the spine unstable over time based on the amount of bone removal and my preference is laminoplasty which preserves more bone.

In brief: Cervical Stenosis
Dr. Ken Yonemura
Dr. Ken Yonemura
Dr. Eric Weisman