Is it risky for me to use a fraxel laser on my face?

Dr. Joshua Fox
Dermatology

In brief: Not

Not at all. Fraxel is used for treating various skin conditions such as scars, sun damage, fine wrinkles, enlarged pores, stretch marks on the face, neck, chest, hands, arms, legs, and back.

In brief: Not

Dr. Joshua Fox
Dr. Joshua Fox
Dr. Margaret Mann
Dermatology

In brief: Pick an Expert!

All laser treatments carry possible risks of scarring, pigment changes, etc.
However, these risks are minimized with lasers such as fraxel. The most important thing, though, is to pick the right doctor for these treatments. I would select a board certified dermatologist who is experienced in fraxel laser for your particular skin concerns.

In brief: Pick an Expert!

Dr. Margaret Mann
Dr. Margaret Mann
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: All lasers

All lasers have some risks including scarring and hypo pigmentation.

In brief: All lasers

Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Fraxel laser

Fraxel laser technology is considered to be gentle on the skin without the side effects of other treatments, many people complain of the skin having a rough texture.
This can occur within a few days after the procedure is done. The rough texture can also be associated with flaking, making the skin appear dull and dry. Reddening and extended healing are also common.

In brief: Fraxel laser

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher