What prescription drugs are barbiturates in and why are they banned in some countries?

Dr. Cyma Khalily

In brief: NO BANNED CONTROLLED

Barbiturates can be found in anti seizure meds like Phenobarbital (not used as much now) and also in the headache meds fiorinal (aspirin butalbital and caffeine) and fioricet.
I am unaware of them being actually banned. Th ey are highly controlled due to addvtive/abuse potential. Not a popular in use as in the past for anxiety and sleep. Quualudes are banned but hat is another category. It is just that there are newer safer meds.

In brief: NO BANNED CONTROLLED

Dr. Cyma Khalily
Dr. Cyma Khalily