What are the main side effects of methadone (for pain management)?

Dr. William Newton
Pain Management

In brief: Many

Sedation, decreased breathing rate, nausea, vomiting, itching, altered mental status just to name a few.
This is a dangerous pain medication if not under the care of a pain management expert or addiction center if being used for heroin management.

In brief: Many

Dr. William Newton
Dr. William Newton
Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Many

I personally do not use Methadone as i feel the dangers outweigh any advantage over other opioids.
The most significant side effects are that of breathing suppression and heart electrical conduction problems.

In brief: Many

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones