Is it safe to take estrogen after having had a hysterectomy for endometrial cancer?

Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: Not usually
You need to ask your oncologist.
I can't answer this question without knowing your endometrial cancer stage and type. Usually, ert is not recommended & fortunately for you not always needed. There are effective treatments for menopause symptoms, osteoporosis protection, or any hypo-esrogenic problems you may have. Good luck & don't forget to ask your doc.

In brief: Not usually
You need to ask your oncologist.
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. John Geisler
Gynecology - Oncology
In brief: Endometrial cancer
A large national cancer institute (nci) showed that in women with stage i or ii surgically staged endometrial cancer it is safe to take oral estrogen therapy.

In brief: Endometrial cancer
Dr. John Geisler
Dr. John Geisler
Dr. Steven Seres