How can I increase my blood glucose levels if I have to fast?

Dr. Alan Kelly
In brief: Fasting w/ diabetes
It can be a problem. If you drop into sig.
Hypoglycemia then your only option is to eat or drink some glucose (sugar). Or you could use a Glucagon pen. But we save that for severe hypoglycemia. Your best bet is to reduce your Insulin doses or diabetic meds the night before to prevent the lows in the first place. Or ask your doctor if a direct, non-fasting LDL cholesterol is an option.

In brief: Fasting w/ diabetes
Dr. Alan Kelly
Dr. Alan Kelly
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Glucose infusion
You could infuse glucose via an iv.
If your fast allows it, you can drink a sugary beverage. If you are fasting for a particular medical test, check with your doctor to see what is permissible.

In brief: Glucose infusion
You could infuse glucose via an iv.
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Arnon Rubin