I am currently on minocin (minocycline) to treat my acne but I think I am getting itchy hives?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Possible allergy

You might be allergic to the antibiotic, to something else, or your hives might be due to a viral infection.
Check in with the prescribing physician before stop the antibiotic. If you stop the antibiotic and the hives resolve within a few days consider yourself allergic to tetracyclines until you are evaluated for this allergy by a physician.

In brief: Possible allergy

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: You can be switched!

Doxycycline is an aption, but if itching occurs, erythromycin, and Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) are options.

In brief: You can be switched!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology