Where do I get a ca-125 blood test if I have no insurance but worry about cancer?

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Save your $$

This blood test is useful only in certain situations and is not accurate if you are trying to make a new cancer diagnosis.
It can be high even if you don't have cancer, and it can be normal in some situations when you do have cancer. My advice is to save your money, and visit your doctor if you have a specific concern.

In brief: Save your $$

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: No need for ca 125

No good screening test for ovarian cancer- not a blood test, not an ultrasound etc.
Ca 125 is very non specific- it is not recommended to be done as a screening test. Only useful for somebody who has ovarian cancer and known to have related increased of ca 125 - to monitor response of teatment and as a follow up. If you're worry about ovarian cancer-you need to see a gynecologist.

In brief: No need for ca 125

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: A doctors office

Most doctor's office can draw the blood and send it to the lab, but that is one of a number of tests if you are worried about ovarian cancer, but you never do that test as a screening test.
If you are worried or have possible symptoms , you need an exam and a pelvic ultrasound, if the ultrasound shows anything suspicious on the ovaries then you can do a ca-125 and an he-4 or ova1( more expensive).

In brief: A doctors office

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Adam Smith