How good is ulthera (skin tightening laser)?

Dr. Joshua Fox
Dermatology

In brief: Ultherapy

Ultherapy is fairly new and fda approved.
It is a non-surgical, non-invasive procedure that uses high powered ultrasound and the body's own natural healing process to lift, tone, and tighten loose skin on the brow, neck, and under the chin. It is very effective considering its no downtime procedure and requiring about one hour for the procedure. More than 80% of patients are very happy with the significant reproducible results.

In brief: Ultherapy

Dr. Joshua Fox
Dr. Joshua Fox
Dr. Joshua Fox
Dermatology

In brief: Ulthera tightening

The ulthera device( not a laser as it uses high powered ultrasound) is the best noninvasive device for tightening skin today on the face and neck.
Over 80% of the patients and in my practice even higher are happy with the reproducible and noticeable results. It was recently approved for tightening the neck, besides the jawline, cheek, chin and brow.

In brief: Ulthera tightening

Dr. Joshua Fox
Dr. Joshua Fox
Dr. H. William Song
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Very good

Ultherapy is not a laser, it is focused ultrasound.
Sound waves are focused into tiny little points under the skin to stimulate new collagen and tighten skin at two levels. Compared to radiofrequency devices, I am finding ultherapy to be much more consistent.

In brief: Very good

Dr. H. William Song
Dr. H. William Song
Dr. Anita Patel
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: US skin tightening

Ulthera is an fda approved ultrasound technology (technically not a laser) approved for skin tightening of the face and neck.
Though the results will not be as dramatic as a facelift, it's an exciting tool to lift, tighten, and tone areas including the brow, cheek, jawline, and neck. Patients have been very satisfied with the results and are happy with not having any downtime.

In brief: US skin tightening

Dr. Anita Patel
Dr. Anita Patel
Dr. Lorrie Klein
Dermatology

In brief: Skin tightening

Ulthera, pelleve and thermage all tighten skin to some degree but don't expect a facelift type result.
Results range from good to subtle. I prefer pelleve because unlike ulthera and thermage, pelleve doesn't hurt.

In brief: Skin tightening

Dr. Lorrie Klein
Dr. Lorrie Klein
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: See bolow

Ulthera works by heating up tissue under the skin by means of delivering focused ultrasound energy.
In my opinion the fat which is so important to youthful appearance gets destroyed in the process and even though there is some tightening of tissues seen initially, i think long term results will be of negative nature. Good luck from nyc.

In brief: See bolow

Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Very good for young

Skin and laxity. Ultherapy is not a replacement for a face lift in older patients, but for younger patients it is excellent at tightening and lifting.
It can be combined with volumizing products like sculptra for synergistic results. Ultherapy achieves results in one session that takes about an hour and the results gradually occur in 2-3 months after the treatment.

In brief: Very good for young

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Lavinia Chong
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: For mild laxity

Microfocused ultrasound delivers thermal stimuli to the deeper layers (smas) of the face to produce collagen, which in turn tightens and lifts.
The results take time, usually 90-120 days and are best observed in mild to moderate skin laxity. Pain, brusing and blistering is usually technique dependent. My patients are uniformly enthusiastic.

In brief: For mild laxity

Dr. Lavinia Chong
Dr. Lavinia Chong