What is a blood glucose monitor?

Checks blood sugar. A blood glucose monitor is used to check the concentration of blood sugar (glucose). This is helpful for people with diabetes, a disease in which high blood glucose causes damage to the body over time or, if the glucose is severely high or has risen very quickly, can be fatal rapidly if left untreated. A normal blood glucose before eating is under 100, diabetic is over 125.
See details. It is a device this uses a drop of your blood to measure the level of glucose in that blood. The blood comes from a finger prick.