How long does a breast ultrasound take to do?

Not too long. A breast ultrasound usually only takes between 20-40 minutes, but is somewhat operator dependent. An experienced ultrasonographer can be fairly rapid. However it is more important for them to be thorough and experienced rather than quick.
It varries. A focused breast ultrasound for a single palpable lump may only take a few short minutes. A more comprehensive evaluation for other abnormalities may take much longer from 5 to 30 minutes or so. The larger breast size also makes the study harder and longer to perform. So the duration of breast ultrasound depends on many factors.