Difference between benefits and side effects of cymbalta (duloxetine) and zoloft?

SNRI vs SSRI. Cymbalta (duloxetine) increases serotonin and norepinephrine levels, zoloft increases serotonin levels only. Cymbala may help chronic pain as well as depression. Both are good antidepressants and have similar side effect profiles. Keep in mind there is no 1antidepressant that is effective for everyone. It may take several trials to find the right one for you or you may be lucky and respond to the 1st one.