2 doctors weighed in:

What's the usual treatment for ethylene glycol ingestion?

2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Moshe Usadi
Family Medicine
1 doctor agrees

In brief: Dangerous!

Ethylene glycol is an extremely dangerous poison which can cause death and permanent brain and other organ damage when taken even in small quantities; people who have swallowed this substance often need to be in an intensive care unit.
Depending on the timing and the person's condition, he may need his stomach pumped, charcoal to neutralyze the substance, dialysis, and other treatments

In brief: Dangerous!

Ethylene glycol is an extremely dangerous poison which can cause death and permanent brain and other organ damage when taken even in small quantities; people who have swallowed this substance often need to be in an intensive care unit.
Depending on the timing and the person's condition, he may need his stomach pumped, charcoal to neutralyze the substance, dialysis, and other treatments
Dr. Moshe Usadi
Dr. Moshe Usadi
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified,
384K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors