How can I lower my triglycerides with my diet?

Dr. Liviu Klein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Low sugar, high fish
A diet that is low in refined sugars and high in nuts and fish can lower your triglycerides.
Add to this exercise (45-60 min per day, 5-7 days a week, running) and weight loss if you are overweight (at least 7% of your current weight) and you have a recipe for success.

In brief: Low sugar, high fish
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Michael Rothman
In brief: Low carb diet
Eat only meat or fish or cheese or eggs or poultry and low starch veggies, drink only water. In other words avoid all carbs, carbs will only briefly raise your sugar levels and then you will get hungry again.
The fats in the meat or fish or cheese or eggs or poultry will act like a "log on your metabolic fire" to keep your blood sugar stable for hours . Healthy blood sugar 90-99.

In brief: Low carb diet
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology