When is the best time to exercise if overweight?

Dr. Dean Giannone
In brief: Good for weight loss
For weight loss, it's good to exercise before breakfast as you'll better tap into your fat stores for energy.
This caloric deficit will help you lose weight, and the early morning exercise will elevate your metabolism for the day.

In brief: Good for weight loss
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Giannone, I would be grateful if you could please provide me with a reference for your answer. This question comes up often and I've not found good data to support a specific time to exercise. Thanks!
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Bariatrics
In brief: Best for YOU
Pick a time that works best for you.
For some, a 6 am time gets them going and is easy to stay committed. For others, it is more consistent to climb 2-3 flights of stairs at lunch. Still others find it relaxing and convenient to stop at gym on way home. Overall, best to imagine a time when you can make it a routine like brushing your teeth.

In brief: Best for YOU
Pick a time that works best for you.
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine