Any natural approaches to menopause?

Black cohosh is an herb which may be beneficial for hot flashes, but which should be avoided if there is liver illness.
The lignans in flaxseed and flaxseed oil may help night sweats/ to obtain the most benefit from flaxseed oil, it should be cold grinded. The plant Estrogens in red clover may be helpful with mild menopausal symptoms but may be contraindicated in a woman with either breast or...

uterine cancer that is estrogen – positive. DHEA has been shown in some studies to be helpful with low sex drive and hot flashes but high or chronic doses may impact the risk of developing breast cancer. Although wild yams are reported to help with post menopausal symptoms and Dong Quai; a Chinese herbal medicine; has been used to enhance female health, the benefits have not yet been born out with clinical studies. Soy is food which can be found in soy nuts, soy sprouts, tofu etc that has been shown in studies to help relieve hot flashes. This may be due to genistein in the soy plants. I suggest that you speak with your doctor about your symptoms to determine the cause. I would not start any new supplements without speaking with your health care provider because of the possibility of interactions with herbals and medications and because of the potential for side effects.
Dr. Casey Younkin

In brief: Partly effective

You may mean menopausal symptoms like hot flashes and vaginal dryness.
Some patients take otc products made from black cohosh or soy that sometimes help, if my patients really want to try this, i tell them to try estroven (red clover), but follow the instructions. These products are not fda approved or tested so you need to be careful, at least estroven has been around for awhile and seems safe.

In brief: Partly effective

Dr. Casey Younkin
Dr. Casey Younkin