Is it possible for my baby to get strep throat?

In brief: Happens ...however

It is possible for an infant to acquire and be sick from the strep A germ. It is also possible for them to test positive and only be a carrier & never get sick from it.
One issue that differs in young infants is the long term effects. Since their immune system is immature, they don't risk development of rheumatic fever like a 5 or 10 year old would. Treatment of carriers is unnecessary.

In brief: Happens ...however

Dr. Colton Bradshaw

Although uncommon for babies to be diagnosed with strep throat, certainly anything is possible! strep is generally passed from one victim to another by direct contact or through infected droplets of naso-oral secretions.
Most caretakers are cautious around newborns, understanding that these little ones can be at risk. But, if dad--with strep throat--"parked" junior's pacifier in his mouth, well...

Dr. Colton Bradshaw
Dr. Colton Bradshaw
Dr. Jonathan Jassey

It's rare under age 2 to get strep, but is possible.
I've seen a positive strep test in as young as a 4 month old.

Dr. Jonathan Jassey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey