Do you recommend a vegetarian or vegan diet?

Animal Fat & Protein. I encourage families to include animal fat and protein in their diet, as traditional societies around the world. A well-balanced (fat/protein/carbs) nutritionally packed vegan/vegetarian diet is possible, but less probable - especially for children. http://getrealforkids.com/resources/real-food/balanced-meals-snacks/1987-secrets-of-a-balanced-meal#.
Neither. The long term effect of a low fat, vegan diet is malnutrition. Used for a short time (4-6 weeks) a low fat diet can be employed for weight loss. However, the long lerm effects of low fat diets are miserable. A low fat - high carb diet will lead to high Insulin levels, high triglcyerides, low hdl, metabolic syndrome and finally high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease.
Vegetarian. Vegans have the shortest lifespan but vegetarians live longer.