My father had a heart attack when young. Should I be worried?

Dr. Christopher Dowd
In brief: Let this prompt you
...To get a thorough evaluation of your cardiovascular risk, and then to take the steps needed to reduce your risk.
You do have risk because of your father's history, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything that can be done about it. Good luck!

In brief: Let this prompt you
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Heart attack
Early heart attack does 'run in families' this is one of the risk factors.
We use this as an indicator that the patient should be aggressive in controlling all the risk factors like lipids, smoking, bp, diabetes, gout, exercise that they can. Most people can't change their parents. Lots of us have that same risk(me too), .

In brief: Heart attack
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology