How do I know if I have HPV ?

In brief: Pap test and HPV DNA
For a 36 year old female, the best test for hpv and hpv related disease is a pap test (cervicovaginal cytology) combined with a high risk hpv dna test.
If you have this "cotest" and are dual negative, then you likely do not have an active cervicovaginal hpv infection at this time. Hope that this helps!

In brief: Pap test and HPV DNA
Dr. Charles Sturgis
Dr. Charles Sturgis
Dr. Robin Larabee
In brief: Ask your doc or GYN
Hpv can cause symptoms, or can be silent.
As it is the most common cause of cancer of the cervix, if you are concerned, you should definitely ask your gyn. A simple pap smear can diagnose hpb. Your gyn is a professional that takes your concern seriously and will not make you feel poorly about your sexual choices.

In brief: Ask your doc or GYN
Dr. Robin Larabee
Dr. Robin Larabee
Dr. Adam Levy