What is intrauterine insemination or iui?

Sperm is inserted. Iui is a method to help someone achieve pregnancy. There are various indications for iui, such as mild sperm abnormalities and unexplained infertility. The semen sample is specially processed in a laboratory, after which the sperm is drawn up into a thin, flexible catheter. The catheter is inserted through the cervix, into the uterus, and sperm is deposited.
Sperm in Uterus. Intrauterine insemination or IUI refers to the process of placing sperm into the uterine cavity. The semen requires preparation to isolate the sperm into a neutral fluid. The fertility staff then place the sperm into the uterus with a thin catheter - painless. Reasons for IUI include unexplained infertility to single women without a male partner. Success rates are lower than natural fertility.