What are the options for emergency contraception?

Plan b one-step is over the counter and is levonorgesterol.
It is most effective if taken right away. Ella (ulipristal acetate) requires a prescription, contains ulipristal, and may be a bit more effective after a few days. The copper containing iud, paraguard is also a highly effective emergency contraceptive that is good for 10 years.

Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Katherine Sutherland

In brief: Some ECP options

include Ella, Aftera, After pills, Athenitia Next, EContra Ez, Fallback Solo, My Way, Next Choice One Dose, Opcicon One- Step, Option 2, Take Action & Plan B One-Step.
Additionally, a number of combined progestin/ estrogen pills can be used in higher doses as emergency contraception.

In brief: Some ECP options