Do I still need birth control if breastfeeding?

YES!!! Breast feeding does not prevent pregnancy. Not even a little bit. If you are having sex while breast feeding you should use protection. Unless you want to get pregnant again.
Some but not 100% There are some specfic criteria that result in an effective contraception. But, absolutely all these items must be 100% true! 1. Baby less than 6 months old, 2. You have not yet had a period after delivery, 3. No supplementary bottles or food. If all the above are true lam (lactation ammenorrhea method) is as effective as birth control pills. If any are not true, you need a back up metod.