Is it safe for my baby to get a flu shot?

Yes. Unless your baby has a severe egg allergy or an illness that compromises her immune system, the flu shot is safe for kids 6 months and older. It's also a good idea for everyone else in the house to get the flu shot too (especially if mom is breastfeeding - then mom's flu shot further helps protect baby).
Yes. Flu vaccine is one of the safest and best tolerated immunizations. There are many misbeliefs about it. One is that the flu shot can give you the flu. This is absolutely incorrect. In fact it is really quite impossible for the flu shot to give you the flu since it is a killed virus vaccine. The only clear reason to avoid flu vaccination is a history of anaphylaxis (severe allergy) to egg.
Yes. If your baby is older than 6 mos of age and has no immuniocompromizing condition, it is a lot safer to be immunized than to get influenza infection.
Yes. Yes, it is. The only current exception is if the patient has had a documented severe allergy to eggs. Even in such cases, it is probably safe to give the vaccine, which may be split in two doses on two separate visits.