Cannot work because of fibromyalgia. Who can give me disability?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Talk to the doctor who is treating the fibromyalgia - he will be the one to state your disability.

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Michele Arnold
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Most patients work

Fortunately, fibromyalgia is not progressive and does not limit lifespan, nor cause paralysis or loss of limb function.
The majority of patients with fibromyalgia are able live functional lives and many work. I suggest short rest breaks be incorporated into the work day, and regular (daily) exercise is extremely important for maintaining function and quality of life.

In brief: Most patients work

Dr. Michele Arnold
Dr. Michele Arnold
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: SS Disability

? can I get disability if I have fibromyalgia (FM).
SS disability possible. Problem is no defining tests, imaging studies or pain meter readings. Reporting doctor must document functions & poor ADL's. Strong exam includes: chronic fatigue, depression, asymmetric shoulders, crossed cervical muscles, functional scoliosis, Gillette, Fortin & Short Leg Signs, TOS, TMJ, migraines, IBS & Hypermobility.

In brief: SS Disability

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology

In brief: Nobody

Fibromyalgia isn't a medically definable impairment.
You have to have other conditions that combine with it to equal a disability listing, or you have to establish that your residual functional capacity is low enough to qualify on that basis; with fibromyalgia alone, that just doesn't happen.

In brief: Nobody

Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine