I'm 80! what type of toothpaste or mouthwash should I use?

Dr. Kini Tran
Dentistry
In brief: Dry mouth considered
Also, if you feel like there is a lack of salivation, use biotene mouthrinse.
Its for people with dry mouth. Having a dry mouth can lead easy forming cavities on the teeth.

In brief: Dry mouth considered
Dr. Kini Tran
Dr. Kini Tran
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dentistry
In brief: Depends
Check with your dentist/hygienist.
However, if your mouth is healthy you should be able to use any toothpaste brand. For mouthwash, try using an alcohol free brand. It is the actual mechanical function (the brushing) which cleanses the teeth.

In brief: Depends
Check with your dentist/hygienist.
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: Perio Protect
I have found that my senior citizens have less saliva production than when they were younger. Saliva protects against decay.
Mouth rinses and toothpastes have only limited effect, particularly on tooth roots exposed due to gum recession. Go online to perioprotect.Com and learn what this is. It was invented to treat gum disease, but it's been noted that it reduces the occurrence of cavities, too!

In brief: Perio Protect
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Keegan Duchicela