What are most common causes of stress?

Dr. Peter Jackson
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Common Stress

The most common cause of stress are stressful thoughts.
When you are in the midst of a stressful thought you are not in the present moment. Instead you are thinking about painful past events or worrying about a future event. Become aware of your thoughts without judging them. See how they cause stress. As we become more aware of a stressful thought the less power they have to cause distress.

In brief: Common Stress

Dr. Peter Jackson
Dr. Peter Jackson
Dr. Kathryn Seifert
You can also put distressing thoughts into context by adding the positive. The glass is both half empty and half full. Ex - I regret that mistake I made last year and keep thinking about it, but I have also done a lot of good things in te last year, such as ...(list them). Distressing thoughts are often realistic, but not the whole picture. Paint a broader picture when you are stressed.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil