How can I find if I have asthma?

Dr. Michael Amster
In brief: Testing, discussion
Sometimes asthma is easy to spot.
You start wheezing and having trouble breathing with exercise or viral illnesses. Or a chronic nighttime cough. However, if you aren't sure, such as a little tight cough after notable exercise, or if you're in the heat a lot, etc, then a visit to your doc can help. Sometimes pulmonary function testing (blowing into a special tube) can show if airflow is normal.

In brief: Testing, discussion
Sometimes asthma is easy to spot.
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Easy
You have audible wheezing.

In brief: Easy
You have audible wheezing.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Charlene Sojico
In brief: Trial
After you have been prescribed several rounds of antibiotics and otc cough suppressants failed , trial of bronchodilators may help.
If definite wheezing noted on exam, inhaled steroid is in order and you will have your life back!

In brief: Trial
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Shontae Buffington