Do varicose veins and spider veins usually appear in the legs?

Yes. Spider and varicose veins are extremely common in the legs. Varicose veins are not uncommon in the groin/pelvis, but would be rare elsewhere. Spider veins are commonly found on the face, and can be seen on the trunk as well.
Leg Veins. Yes, varicose veins and spider veins are definitely most common on the legs. This is due to the higher pressure in the legs due to gravity as well as the gentic predisposition for vein valve failure in the legs. It is not uncommon to see spider veins on the face. Certain diseases such a cirrhosis, portal hypertension, or clots can lead to varicose veins in unusual locations such as the abdomen.
Yes! Yes, both spider vein and varicose veins usually are noted in the legs although spider veins can be found in many locations.
Yes. Although you can get varicose and spider veins virtually anywhere in the body, the effects of gravity on veins in the legs makes it far more likely that you will develop vein trouble in your legs than anywhere else.