Why should I be concerned about lung cancer if I never smoked?

Dr. David Cooke
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: If
If you have significant second hand smoke exposure, exposed to radon, or have a family history of lung cancer in never (<100 lifetime cigarettes) smokers.

In brief: If
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Still happens
There are many different kinds of risk factors for lung cancer, including smoking.
Unfortunately, non-smokers still can get lung cancer too. Second hand smoke and certain occupational and environmental exposures can increase the risk. And in other patients, lung cancer develops even in the absence of clear risk factors. If caught early, it's a very treatable disease, so see your doctor!

In brief: Still happens
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Vicken Poochikian