Does the bicuspid valve work harder than the tricuspid valve?

Valve. Bicuspid aortic valve do for some reason wear out sooner and more likely go onto aortic stenosis likely related to flow disturbances.
Leonardo da vinci understood about 500 years ago that a round valve worked best and most efficiently with 3 parts rather than 2. Normally we are born with a 3-cusp aortic valve (tricuspid, looking like a "mercedes-benz" logo). Occasionally people can be born with only 2 cusps or a bicuspid aortic valve -- (looking like the "cbs" logo). A bicuspid aortic valve is more prone to wear out over time.