If cancer comes back in the same breast after having breast-sparing surgery, will I need a mastectomy?

Yes. After previous lumpectomy and radiation therapy, if cancer comes back on the same breast- mastectomy would likely be needed. If you were to have another lumpectomy for the local recurrence- the treatment would be suboptimal as a repeat radiation therapy likely not be recommended due to possible toxicity (depends on how long ago the radiation was given?).
Usually. Following breast-sparing surgery such as lumpectomy or quadrantectomy for cancer, radiation is prescribed to the remaining breast tissue to minimize local recurrence. However, if local recurrence occurs a mastectomy is usually recommended.