What are my chances of cancer coming back if I have breast-sparing surgery with radiation?

Depends. The risk of local recurrence following conservative surgery and radiation for breast cancer is slightly higher than with mastectomy but does not affect survival. The risk of distant relapse depends on the stage, grade, presence or absence of biological receptors and number of positive axillary nodes. Higher # of positive nodes portends higher risk of relapse which can be reduced by adjuvant tx.
Depends. The risk for recurrence of breast cancer after a lumpectomy and an adjuvant radiation therapy would depend on the stage and the biology of the breast cancer (estrogen/prgesteron receptor, her2neu status, tumor size, lymph nodes involvement, k1-67 etc). Having an adjuvant radiation therapy after surgery will only reduce the risk for local recurrence of breast cancer to the same breast area. D/w md.