Should I give my 19 month old nursery water to drink or just use tap water? Does my tap water have enough flouride? We have city water.

Dr. Pamela Asseff
Dentistry

In brief: Use tap water

Nursery water often filters out fluoride.

In brief: Use tap water

Dr. Pamela Asseff
Dr. Pamela Asseff
2 comments
Dr. Michael Jaindl
There is a lot of controversy on the use of fluoride in the water. Suggest you do your research and come to your own conclusions.
Dr. Andrew Killgore
Completely fair comment to do your own research!
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Water & fluoride

It is perfectly fine to give a 19 month old tap water, but more nutritious liquids are probably better as a regular beverage.
If you are in a fluoridate area, your tap water will have fluoride. For each city and county you have to check with the health department (or maybe a neighbor will know), because fluoridation is so scattered in this country.

In brief: Water & fluoride

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Cindy Juster