For high LDL (168), thyroid replacement therapy(60 mcg synthyroid), doctors say reduce dairy products . So how should we get calcium? Is slim milk ok?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: High LDL cholesterol
168 is pretty high for LDL ("bad") cholesterol, but it is not the end of the story.
Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables a day. Eat grains and oatmeal. Metamucil for your bowels also lowers cholesterol by 10%. Exercise& stress reduction helps. And medications like statins, zetia, and Niacin help. I doubt the efficacy of synthroid, (thyroxine) which has potential significant adverse effects. Skim milk ok.

In brief: High LDL cholesterol
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Umesh Patel