Why is my baby fussy after I feed him?

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Probiotics

Many children will do better by simply adding a probiotic.
The good bacteria help colonize the gut and assist digestion. Use one like culturelle baby or flora baby. Fussiness after eating clues me in to a digestive issue and i like to address that issue.

In brief: Probiotics

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: What he's eating

My first question back is what are you feeding him/her? Some babies are intolerant to cow milk so if mom is drinking cow milk and breast feeding, it is going through breast milk.
Milk based formula can also cause it. Breastfeeding: stop all dairy for a week and see if fussiness improves. Bottle: try a hydrolysate formula or one like gentle ease. If not better, see your md.

In brief: What he's eating

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey