What age should my child stop using the bottle? Mine is 19the months old and only gets bottle for milk at naptime and bedtime. I am starting to wean.

In brief: Stop the milk

I think a baby can carry around a bottle like a prize friend for the first few yrs.
But that is only if the milk or other sugary feeds are replaced by water. Save the milk for a cup where it rolls off the tongue into the throat & doesn't sit around the teeth feeding germs that rot the teeth. The kid can fuss a bit with the change but if they still want the bottle it wont lead to problems.

In brief: Stop the milk

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: The American Academy

of Pediatrics recommends weaning as close to 1 year as possible, limiting milk & milk products to 16-21 oz.
/day from a cup. See a pediatric dentist to rule out cavities. Read, cuddle, brush his teeth, then put him in his bed drowsy, but awake to learn to self-calm for sleep. His protests will worsen at 1st, then stop if you consistently ignore them.See healthychildren.org for graded ignoring.

In brief: The American Academy

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Read "Little People" for help with behavioral methods. Saliva doesn't flow as rapidly during sleep, so sugar-containing liquids like milk & juice continue to bathe the teeth,increasing risk of dental caries. Picture your child with a mouthful of metal caps & it'll be easier to stay strong while ridding him of a habit that can cause him harm.
Dr. Cindy Juster