I poked myself in the eye and it still hurts after an hour? It's red on the outside of the eye. Is there anything I can do for the pain until tomorro

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Abrasion

Try frequent artificial tears and ointment.
If persistent symptoms, call an eye doctor.

In brief: Abrasion

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Leto Quarles

In brief: Ice, acetaminophen

An ice pack or cool compress (if you don't have one, just grab anything cold out of the freezer and wrap it in a towel), and Acetaminophen (tylenol (acetaminophen) or other brands) will soothe most injuries until you can be seen.
If pain is severe, if there is something stuck in your eye, or if your vision is affected, go to the er tonight -- some eye emergencies should not wait until the next day.

In brief: Ice, acetaminophen

Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles