Any idea what the black, pepper looking flecks are in my 4 month old's stool? He was extra fussy yesterday & didn't sleep well. He is 100% breastfed.

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Digested blood
Normal poop, with black flecks mixed in.
The flecks are digested blood, most commonly from the baby swallowing blood from mom's sore and bleeding nipples. If u don't have a problem check for baby teething.

In brief: Digested blood
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
U r welcome
Dr. Vance Harris
In brief: Wrong post
Sorry, my answer was to another post. Sorry.

In brief: Wrong post
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
In brief: Irritated Throat
You might be getting some reflux, acid from the stomach leaking into the back of your throat, often at night when you are not aware.
That will irritate the throat and produce the phlegm you have. Post nasal drip might be the cause as well. Try Pepcid or an antahistamine.

In brief: Irritated Throat
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Harris u can hit the edit button and correct your answer the reTap
Dr. Cindy Juster