If stress thallium test showed that I was normal, what are my chances of getting a heart attack?

Dr. Martin Bress

In brief:

A normal stress thallium indicates a low like hood of severe coronary artery narrowing and is thus a predictor of a good outlook over the next 5 years.
However a plaque with a 30 per cent narrowing could rupture and the ensuing clot could cause a coronary occlusion resulting in a heart attack. The chances of this are lower in a person without severe disease. But no test is perfect.

In brief:

Dr. Martin Bress
Dr. Martin Bress
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Check with your doc

Depends your risk factors such as smoking, cholesterol, blood pressure, family history, glucose levels and sleep apnea.

In brief: Check with your doc

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine