Achilles tendon surgery 2 years ago this 9/1/12. I still have serve pain in my heal & when I walk I can feel like something is tearing. ?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Achilles tendinitis

Without knowing the details of the surgery 2 years ago, it is hard to comment on it.
However, the symptoms you describe sound very much like achilles tendinitis. I suggest that you see your orthopedic surgeon to be evaluated.

In brief: Achilles tendinitis

Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Tendinitis

The achilles tendon has a poor blood supply.
With any injury or surgery to repair an injury, there will be scarring. The amount of scarring depends on severity of injury, amount of surgery needed to repair the injury, patient compliance and the body's ability to heal. Since you are still having problems, see you foot specialist. Don't let it continue. Dr l.

In brief: Tendinitis

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery